Join us! NWIR is hosting the second annual National Women in Roofing Day, Saturday, February 9th in Nashville, Tennessee. Registration for this event is through the IRE registration. Please see the section at the bottom of the page for some notes on registration and the appropriate links to use.
Be among professional, like-minded, good-spirited women from all facets of the roofing industry to gain insight and inspiration. Learn how to maximize your career in this exciting industry through discussions with colleagues and by leveraging the opportunities to grow professional networks and meet new peers throughout the day. The first 200 registrants will receive a wonderful swag bag of gifts from NWIR and our sponsors.
This program is intended to foster conversation and learning. You will be able to select each activity in which you choose to participate and we hope you come prepared to fully engage and get the most out of this event. Sometimes it can be challenging to help an employer understand the value of professional development, so NWIR members have prepared a Justification Letter to help you. Background: Details on the 2018 NWIR Day were also covered by Lisa Lambrix and Tara Gerhardt co-chairs of NWIR Day in a webinar on October 26, 2017.
Encourage your colleagues to attend by sending forwarding this flyer (coming soon).
|9:00 AM – 11:30 AM||Self-guided walking tour, yoga, or community service at the Ronald McDonald House|
|11:00 AM||Registration Opens|
|11:30 AM||New member orientation|
|12:00 PM||Seated light lunch|
|12:30 PM||Welcome from NWIR Chair, inauguration of new NWIR officers, remarks by Diamond Sponsors|
|1:00 PM||Keynote Presentation and Discussion|
|2:30 PM – 5:05 PM||Education and Mentoring Break Out Sessions, Roundtables and Discussions|
|5:10 PM||Closing Remarks|
|5:30 PM – 7:30 PM||Fun Event|
The agenda for 2018 can be downloaded here: 2019 agenda will be posted in mid-January.
Attire for the event is comfortable casual; jeans and yoga pants or heels and pearls are welcome! Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Special Notes on Registration
Registration for this event is through the IRE registration UNLESS you are a non-exhibiting manufacturer or service provider. The fee for members is $50 and the fee for nonmembers is $110.
NWIR Member Pricing for NWIR Day
To determine which registrants receive member pricing, the system uses the exact first name, last name, member number and email address that is on the NWIR member list. If the registrant enters her first and last name but uses her personal email, the system will not provide member pricing if the member list has her work email (or vice versa). Same thing if the registrant enters Cindy but the member list has Cynthia. It must be an exact match in all 4 fields. NWIR members were sent an email on September 26, 2018 with their member number.
- To determine which registrants receive member pricing, the registration system matches the exact first name, last name and email address that is on the NWIR member list. If your first attempt doesn’t work, please check your listing on the member directory on the NWIR website (if you opted in to the member directory). You may also email the NWIR member services coordinator, Elizabeth Miller, at email@example.com to determine the exact name, email address, and member number that we have for you in our database; she will respond to your email within 24-36 hours.
- If you are an attendee, click https://www.theroofingexpo.com/en/register.html if you are attending NWIR Day and the IRE education sessions or special events.
- If you are an exhibitor, provide your NWIR member number to your company’s point of contact and ask them to register you. Alternately, get your exhibitor code from your company’s point of contact and update your registration to include NWIR Day.
- If you are unable to attend IRE but still want to attend NWIR Day, we will provide a special link for this purpose in mid-October. From this link those wishing to register for NWIR day will be able to do so, they will also get the free expo passes and 15% off of a Conference Super Pass. Join us at the National Women In Roofing day at the IRE and gain access to the IRE Expo Hall, a $65 value, at no extra cost. The fee for NWIR members is $50 and for non-members is $110. If you are a NWIR member, but are being charged the higher rate, please see the paragraph above on member pricing.
- If you are only attending NWIR Day and the IRE trade show (but no other education sessions or special events), we will provide a special link for this purpose in mid-October. From this link those wishing to register for NWIR day will be able to do so, they will also get the free expo passes and 15% off of a Conference Super Pass. Join us at the National Women In Roofing day at the IRE and gain access to the IRE Expo Hall, a $65 value, at no extra cost. The fee for NWIR members is $50 and for non-members is $110. If you are a NWIR member, but are being charged the higher rate, please see the paragraph above on member pricing.
Difficulties with Registration
- If you are registering yourself, and are still having difficulties, please contact the IRE registration desk at 866.860.1970. However, if you are a non-exhibiting manufacturer/distributor/service provider, you will not be able to register through IRE and should follow the instructions above for non-exhibiting manufacturer/distributor/service provider.
- If you are registering a group of people from your company and are having difficulty, we will provide instructions in mid-October.