With all the incredible changes over at RCI rebranding itself to IIBEC, one that NWIR wants to be sure to celebrate: First Female Board member Jennifer Hogan! Jennifer’s experience within the industry is extensive and we are proud to honor her accomplishments.
Meet Jennifer Hogan:
- Region VII – Board of Directors
- Jennifer Hogan, RRO, CET, LEED AP, Certified Passive House Consultant RCI Director Region VII
- Sr. project manager and operations manager (Burlington), Pretium, formerly Pretium Anderson (2015-present)
- Project manager, Pretium, formerly Pretium Anderson (2012-2015)
- Project coordinator, Halsall Associates (2007-2012)
I specialize in building energy performance with a focus on high-performance building envelopes (exterior walls, roofs, windows, etc.). I am trained in both 2-D and 3-D hygrothermal modelling, as well as on several whole-building energy modelling platforms. Projects I lead include building envelope commissioning, LEED durable building consulting, energy modelling/auditing, and passive house projects.
- Bachelor of architectural science (BArchSci), building science option, Ryerson University (2007)
- Leadership Development Series certificate (business), Mohawk College (in process)
- RCI Ontario Chapter – past president (previously serving as president, vice president, director of education, and on the Education Committee)
- RCI Canadian Building Envelope Symposium Committee – chair (2018)
- RCI Emerging Professionals Committee (2017-present)
- RCI Manual of Practice Task Group (2018)
- RCI Building Envelope Commissioning Task Group (2017)
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
- Building Commissioning Association – Canada East District Chapter
- Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC)
- Passive House Canada
- Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI) – Golden Horseshoe Chapter [serving on Education c committee (2015-present)]
- LEED AP
- Certified Engineering Technician (C.T)
- Passive House consultant
- Emerging Professional Award – 2018
- Board member for the RCI Ontario Chapter during three successful applications for the RCI Outstanding Chapter Award (2015, 2016, 2017), coordinating the submission for the award in 2016.
- Volunteer Student Mentor for the past two years at the RCI annual convention. In that time, Jennifer has mentored five students and curated a series of three articles through the Emerging Professionals Committee about the experience.