The WORLD Award is being instituted in 2019 and will be awarded at the 2020 NWIR Day to honor an outstanding woman in the roofing industry.
Purpose: Honor a roofing industry professional based on:
- Commitment to the development of the roofing industry
- Perseverance against industry odds, breaking barriers (under-represented, age, disability, etc…)
- Identifying a new perspective of service/contribution to the industry
- Making a difference in respective roofing niche
Nominations based on the following criteria:
- Personal and professional (balance)
- Company development
- Contribution to the industry as a whole
- Challenges faced and overcome (Entry level and current professional status)
- Roofing professional
- 3 years minimum in the industry
- Must be affiliated with a roofing association
Measured growth in:
- In business success
- NWIR service through 4 Pillars: Mentoring, Education, Recruitment, Community service
- Local, regional or national
- Within & outside of the roofing industry
- Balance: home and work
- Well – rounded individual
All nominations must be placed on behalf of someone other than the nominee in order to be considered. Please include all career and personal awards, accomplishments and community service contributions. Any/all references, letters of recommendation, etc. are welcome and should be attached to the nomination. The judging process will be a “blind” process with nominees presented to the judging committee as anonymous entries.
- September 30, 2019.
- Winner will be notified by the judging committee by mail.
- WORLD Award will be announced at the 2020 NWIR Day conference.