NWIR has national reach and is working with leading roofing contractor associations, roof consultants, manufacturers and distributors. NWIR Councils, located throughout the country, are critical links to these groups and to the NWIR leadership. We encourage you to start a local or state Council in your area. You will receive full support from the national NWIR leadership, and you will be taking an important step in advancing your career and the careers of your roofing colleagues.
State and local councils serve as a venue for members to connect regularly to exchange ideas, attend educational events, and develop relationships to advance women within the roofing profession. State and local councils regularly interact in a community setting to provide activities that directly impact the future of women in roofing. And, most importantly, state and local councils are aware of and sensitive to the unique needs of their members and the communities where they work.. For these reasons, state and local councils are an important grass-roots link to all women roofing professionals.
It requires commitment to create a NWIR council. It requires the work of dedicated roofing professionals who agree with the NWIR mission to energize a state or local council, and grow it into a respected and influential component of NWIR. Councils receive significant support from the National Board of Directors. Administrative tasks, such as collecting membership dues and paying bills are carried out by the association management staff. NWIR has also done all the work of bylaws, branding, and establishing policies and procedures. We invite you to join us in our important work, and impact the future of women in roofing from the rooftop to the boardroom.
If you’re ready to actively move forward and start a council in your area, please download the council toolkit.
Existing Councils and Councils in Development
NWIR has Councils forming all over the country. Click on a Council below to register your interest in being contacted next time there is a Council event. Also make sure that your address in the member database is the address where you live; you’ll automatically be included on any information that goes out from the Council in your area. If there isn’t a Council near you, then download the Council Toolkit to start a Council in your area.
- Alabama: Coastal Alabama & Mississippi
- Arizona: Greater Phoenix Council
- Arkansas: Central Arkansas Council
- California: Los Angeles Council
- California: Northern California – Sacramento Council – established, seeking leaders
- California: Orange County Council
- Colorado: Northern Colorado & Denver Council
- D.C. Metro Area – seeking add’l leaders
- Florida: Central Florida Council
- Florida: Northeast Council – seeking add’l leaders
- Florida: South Florida Council
- Florida: Southwest Florida Council
- Florida: Tampa Council
- Georgia: Atlanta Council
- Kansas: (see Missouri: Kansas City listing)
- Louisiana Council – established, seeking leaders
- Massachusetts Council – established, seeking leaders
- Michigan Council – established, seeking leaders
- Minnesota Council – established, seeking leaders
- Missouri: Kansas City – Johnson County
- Missouri: St. Louis
- Montana & Wyoming – established, seeking leaders
- Nebraska Council
- Nevada: Las Vegas Council – established, seeking leaders
- New Jersey: North New Jersey Council
- New Mexico Council
- New York: New York City
- New York: Upstate New York Council – established, seeking leaders
- North Carolina: Charlotte Metro
- North Carolina: Research Triangle (Raleigh/Durham) – established, seeking leaders
- North Carolina: Greensboro Triad
- North Carolina: Wilmington – active, coming soon
- Ohio: Cincinnati Council
- Ohio: Columbus Council
- Ohio: Cleveland Council
- Oklahoma Council
- Oregon Council
- Pennsylvania: Central Pennsylvania Council
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh Council – established, seeking add’l leaders
- South Carolina: in development
- Tennessee Council
- Texas: Austin – established, seeking add’l leaders
- Texas: North Texas – Dallas/Fort Worth Council
- Texas: San Antonio Council – established, seeking add’l leaders
- Texas: South Texas – Houston Council – established, seeking add’l leaders
- Utah Council – established, seeking leaders
- Virginia: Southeast Virginia – established, seeking add’l leaders
- Washington State: Seattle Council
Interested in Helping to Lead a Council?
Contact the Councils Committee Chairs at email@example.com if you are interested in assisting with helping to lead a council that has been established but needs additional leaders. We will put you in touch with the existing leaders to combine forces.